South Country Equipment's Crop Intelligence App - FAQ
What is the difference between Crop Intelligence and Field Connect?
- Field Connect - is Hardware from John Deere that measures soil moisture, rainfall, and it may also have other environmental sensors such as air temperature, humidity and leaf wetness.
- Crop Intelligence - is South Country's app that interprets Field Connect Data and calculates Crop Available Water and Water Driven Yield Potential.
Where can I access Crop Intelligence data?
- Web Browser: https://www.cropintel.ca/login
- iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/cropintelligence/id1373854681?mt=8
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cropintelligence.southc
- Or Search "Crop Intelligence" wherever you get your apps.
Login using the email provided when you signed up
NOTE: Recently, updates to the app have been made. To ensure you are viewing the current version, you may need to delete the app and re-download.
When will I be able to view my data in Crop Intelligence?
- 7 days post weather station installation to see Crop Available Water calculations
- 10 days post-installation to see Water Driven Yield Potential.
Crop Intelligence App - Navigation:
- Login using your email address
- Data should show for every field that you have a Field Connect weather station for.
- Available Water: Calculated value that estimates how much crop available water is in your soil.
- Yield Potential: is a calculated value that is shown as a factor of your yield goal (i.e. yield goal +/-).
- Acc 2018 Rain: total rain recorded by weather station from date of install until today.
- 30 year Rain: Average rainfall for the same time period
- % Avg Rainfall: compares current rain to 30 year average rain.
- Navigate to the graphs to view season-long trends.
- Clicking on a data point will show a box with each of the data values.
- The yellow bars along the bottom represent 10 year average rainfall totals for that day.
- The blue bars show this year's rain events.
Where do I access Field Connect data?
- Web Browser: https://fieldconnect.deere.com/web/landing
- iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/john-deere-field-connect/id979610296?mt=8
- Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.deere.fieldconnect
- Or search "Field Connect" wherever you get your apps
- Login using your MyJohnDeere.com username and password.
When will I be able to view my data in Field Connect?
- It may take up to 10 days after the weather station installation for data to be viewable in the Field Connect platform.
Field Connect App - Navigation
- Current environmental data can be found on the app when you click the sun and cloud icon.
- If you have a basic unit (with only rain and soil moisture) rainfall is the only data that will show in this view.
Soil moisture data can be found by clicking the graph icon.
- Swipe left to see the different graphs. Soil moisture by sum, soil moisture by sensor, daily moisture change and by sensor, growing degree days and rainfall.
- 7, 14, or 30 day views
- Graphs are best viewed by turning your phone to landscape view.
- Field Connect weather stations log data every 20 minutes and send to the data platform every 2 hours.
- Crop Intelligence caches data from Field Connect approximately every 1.5 hours.
- As a result, data in Crop Intelligence may be up to 3.5 hours delayed.
Still have questions or want to get started on your Crop Intelligence? Contact our Integrated Solutions Department. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org